Pentaho is an open source Business Intelligence (BI) software that provides data integration, OLAP services, reporting, information dashboards, data mining and extract, transform, load (ETL) capabilities.
Key Attributes of Pentaho ETL:
- Dashboards: Self-service Interactive KPI & Metrics and Visualization
- Reporting: Ad hoc and Operational Reports
- Analysis: Self-service Interactive and Ad Hoc Analysis
- Data: High Performance Data Integration, Cleansing and Presentation
- Data Mining: Advanced Predictive Analysis
Saiku Analytics is an open source OLAP browser. Saiku offers a user friendly, web based analytics solution that lets users, quickly and easily analyse corporate data and create and share reports. The solution connects to a range of OLAP Servers including Mondrian, Microsoft Analysis Services, SAP BW and Oracle Hyperion and can be deployed rapidly and cost effectively to allow users to explore data in real time.
- Jasper Reports:
Jasper Reports is an open source Java reporting tool that can write to a variety of targets, such as: screen, a printer, into PDF, HTML, Microsoft Excel, RTF, ODT, Comma-separated values or XML files. It can be used in Java-enabled applications, including Java EE or web applications, to generate dynamic content. It reads its instructions from an XML or .jasper file.
Kylo is an open source enterprise-ready data lake management software platform for self-service data ingest and data preparation with integrated metadata management, governance and security.
Key Features of Kylo:
- Ingest: Self-service data ingest with data cleansing, validation, and automatic profiling.
- Prepare: Wrangle data with visual SQL and an interactive transform through a simple user interface.
- Discover: Search and explore data and metadata, view lineage, and profile statistics.
- Monitor: Monitor health of feeds and services in the data lake. Track SLAs and troubleshoot performance.
- Design: Design batch or streaming pipeline templates in Apache NiFi and register with Kylo to enable user self-service.